Friday, March 9, 2007

Cheapest Fares Guaranteed!!

My wiggly giggly kids are relaxed now. Huh, what a week it had been! It's so hard to please these wacky kiddos. "Snowshoe. No camping. Nah. Disneyland..." Their choices kept changing every day. But I was yet to tell them that we're NOT going anywhere! No family vacation this spring.

My revelation took them by storm. Shell shocked, dejected, and shattered, they'd lock themselves up the attic and won't talk to me. Finally, I bought them a new playstation and yay!!! Tomorrow morning, we're going to the park togther again!!

I've been looking for ways to book the cheapest fares. I found some, I'm convinced, but some do not excite me at all. I thought I'd jot them down a give a whirl this fall. I want to make sure that I'm booking the cheapest fares.

The Latest Buzz is Comparision Shopping
Yes. From industry experts to the hordes of budget travelers, everyone is talking about comparision shopping. What the hell is this? Oy! It's just comparing prices on all the top travel sites, before clicking"book". We shouldn't take everyone's word for it. Judge by ourselves, then plunge into the quagmire. Really. Comparision shopping does help., especially when we're buying travel deals online.

Try a Secondary Airport
I've found that airfares to secondary airports are much cheaper, compared to the hubs. So what I have to rent a cab and drive a few minutes extra? It's really worth the savings, no?

Plan Early
Of course, I'm planning early. I'm talking about booking a vacation in fall. So, I've already started planning. I want to be the first one to book the ticket. The first few tickets are the cheapest of the lot.

Off-season and Off-peak
Yes. Although we're heading out in fall, we're not off from the extravagance of a fall destination. We're going to a place, which is a winter spot. There's a thin line between late fall and early winter. But it's ok. We can save on airfares and splurge on eating out and maybe a tad of shopping. Plus, we'll make sure that we're not traveling on weekends, and the days preceding and succeding a major holiday. We're not taking a mid-day flight either. This is why we have to plan early. There are so many factors inherent. We can hardly take a chance.

No comments: