Tuesday, October 30, 2007

5 Things We Carry While Traveling With Kids


Their questions never seem to end, but they are cute and lovable. Still, while on travel, sometimes kids get unmanageable, especially if they're hyperactive. But there are a few essential things that can help save a lot of mess while traveling with kids. Here goes my top 5 -

1. Just like me, they are nuts about music. Hence, their i-pods are a must. I make sure to load 'em with their favorite tracks, so they don't get bored.

2. Games, toys, joke books and stuff? That's a YES. We let them choose their own things and allow them to manage their tiny backpack. It's fun. On proper management of their stuff, I'd reward them with something special on return.

3. Book kid friendly hotels and resorts, where there are plenty of activities to keep them busy.

4. While eating out, we make sure that the restaurants have a kid friendly menu. Stomach problems can be a pill, and we always want to avoid it.

5. Pack healthy kid food such as fruits, fruit juice cans, pretzels, cheese and stuff...the usual home menu. That's the best!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha thanks for the reminders. you know, when i travel with my kids i always bring a camera. seriously. you can't fail to capture those rare precious moments. last time we went to the El Cid Vacation place in Cancun. and we caught my baby boy, he was 3 yrs old sleeping while in the toilet. we just can't help laughing!

aljellejay-r said...

You have very helpful tips! I can say it is not easy to go to places when you have kids. I only have one this time, and I become so exhausted when he becomes hyperactive at a place where we don't usually go. That's why this year, for our vacation in Cape Town which is the #1 destination in the world for 2011, my husband and I will plan our trips carefully to avoid being stressed out and really have fun.

Ady Grewal said...

Traveling with kids is an inevitable thing. This is going to be really very useful information for me as I am planning Hajj Umrah travel with my kids.