Friday, November 2, 2007

5 Tips For a Complete Vacation With the Pet


On several occasions when I decided not to travel with my beloved Jack-the-Ripper, (ahem, that's my most loyal and beloved pet dog, who bears no involvement in the infamous London controversies), I missed him dearly. At other times, he'd gleefully give me company, wherever my toes took me to. Those were the best of my travel experiences. With kids, honey and the two juniors, it's a perfect getaway package for me.

But before taking the pet aboard on the flight, I consider 5 things to be of utmost importance:

1. Take him to a veterenarian and check if he's in a perfect condition to travel. I don't want to take the risks of flea, heartworm and other stuff.

2. Pack his favorite toys, food and the LEASH.

3. Get a special, I always go for the fancier ones, identification tag for him, and write my contact details so that, in case we're separated, I could be contacted.

4. Have him micro-chipped. It's totally harmless and cheap.

5. Make prior and proper arrangements with the airlines for transfer and subsequent pick-up.

5 comments:

Omar Cruz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JayP said...

I'm curious how much did the mico chip in the pet cost. I'd also like to use some of your tips on my site if you dont mine. I'll give you a link back of course.
http://familytravelidea.blogspot.com

MissFab said...

Don't forget to research on pet friendly hotels or pet friendly vacation rentals. That always helps! Great list though, very interesting about the micro chip! I didn't know they made those. Great blog, you have a lot of useful family travel info. Keep it up!

C.Dove
San Diego Vacation Rentals

Unknown said...

Thanks for giving nice travel tips for people. I came across one great travel website that offers exclusive spring break packages for leisure travelers to Mexico. www.vpvacations.com offer best value based spring break vacation deals and golf vacation packages for singles/couples traveling to Mexico, Caribbean and Nevada.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the first aid kit tip. It’s important to be prepared, especially on longer hiking trips.Water is as essential for pets on hiking trips as it is for people.

French Chateau for hire