Friday, July 20, 2007

Six Unavoidable Items to Pack While We Go, Do You Dare?


Whenever I'm going on a vacation, I never dare to go without packing some items in my baggage. So what are these articles, which I'm so finicky about?

1. Flashlight
This is to illuminate dark places where shady elements could be lurking. I can run it down the window of a parked vehicle and see what lies within. Besides, it could be used to identify others around and help get to safety during a blackout, which is a common phenomenon in most of the developing countries.

2. Portable Smoke detector
For added security in the hotel room.

3. Smoke hood
Although I've never used it, I keep a smoke hood, so that on event of a fire, I can use it. It allows a limited supply of breathable air and keep smoke from burning one's eyes so that we can see better while escaping from a fire.

4. Duct tape
One of the main advantages of a duct tape is that I can use it to seal my hotel room against the intrusion of smoke, the real killer in building fires.

5. Door lock
I always use a portable door lock as an added security device for my hotel room. A cheap rubber doorstop is a also a great substitute for a portable door lock. It's more handy and easier to deploy, too.

6. Cellular telephone
You will agree that a cell phone provides instant access to someone who can send aid.

No comments: